The Sonoma Diet vs. Atkins and South Beach
The Sonoma diet has 3 phases (which it calls "waves") --- and these are sort of similar to the various phases of the Atkins and South Beach phases.
In fact, phase 1 of the Sonoma Diet is called the "Induction" phase, and it seems to serve the same general purpose as phase 1 of the Atkins and South Beach programs too (which is to eliminate certain types of processed foods, sugars, and some other foods too).
For example, phase 1 of the Sonoma diet (the INDUCTION phase) lasts 10 days, and the purpose of this phase is to eliminate sugar based carbs, processed foods, certain types of fats, and other types of foods such as fruit.
This is sort of similar to how the South Beach program uses it's first phase to eliminate sugar, fruit and processed foods too.
Also, the Atkins program has a similar type of "induction phase" which serves the same "general" purpose more or less.
Then, the Sonoma diet has a second phase (wave 2) which is used to re-introduce some types of foods back into the diet, and this is similar to how the South Beach plan has a second phase which re-introduces certain types of carbs (such as fruits) back into the diet also.
Actually, it's kind of a coincidence because the Atkins diet also has a phase where it allows certain types of carbs (such as fruit) back into the diet.
Finally, the Sonoma diet has a third phase (wave 3) which is used when a dieter finally reaches their goal weight and wishes to "maintain" that weight for the rest of their lives. This is the phase where the dieter is expected to make the Sonoma diet a "lifestyle", and this phase allows more liberal food choices too.
It's interesting since the Atkins diet also has a final phase which dieters use when they reach their "goal weight".
....And this is also similar to how the South Beach diet has a final phase which serves to turn the diet into a permanent lifestyle when dieters reach their goal weight.
So even though the foods are very different on the Sonoma diet -- it still seems to have many of the same "general principles" as the Atkins and South Beach diets to some degree (at least in our opinion anyway).
Of course, we're not saying that its the same as the Atkins and South Beach plans of course (since there are some major differences between the Sonoma Diet and the other 2 diets)........but we're saying that many of the same "general principles" appear to be similar, such as the various phases (and what those phases are used for).
Our opinion: We do not recommend using the Sonoma Diet for the same reasons that we do not recommend using the Atkins or South Beach programs.
We think that such a diet is too difficult to follow for average dieters since the menu is a permanent lifestyle change which does limit certain types of foods, and the first phase is likely to sap your energy if you're not careful.
End of Review.
There is a new 11 Day Diet which has no limits on food portions (it also allows 3 cheat days every 11 days where anything can be eaten).
This new Fat Burning Diet is helping thousands of people to lose weight each week.
- Write a review of the ebook with your affiliate link at the end. You can post these for free on review sites like GoArticles.com, EzineArticles.com, and Squidoo.com.
- Create a free blog with a site like Blogger.com or Wordpress.com. On your blog talk about our site, then use a site like Pingomatic.com so your blog shows up in major search engines. Obviously your site will have your affiliate link in various places.
- Write a Press Release. Check out this killer Press Release site, PRweb.com. Post a review of the our product on here with your link. You can also pay them $80 and they will make sure your Press Release is put on ALL major search engines.
- Post videos on YouTube.com and Google Video about our website, and include your affiliate link.
- Create a review site about similar products and include a review of our product (This works really well right now).
- Use "Social Networking" sites like Twitter.com, Facebook.com, Myspace.com, and Digg.com to promote your affiliate link and build up a network of friends!